Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer 2011 continued



After Bled, Milano and Koeln conferences with Terry, I then joined a Wuerzburg EU-India gathering, where I was invited as alumni. After that, I visited Pavia conference on deontic matters where I successfully presented my paper written for that occasion. Finally, I was in Boulder Colorado for a couple of weeks, at the 2011 RoME conference, as the only European participant that was selected for presentation at this prestigious gathering of ethicists. My and Vojko's paper on moral particularism and basic-derived reasons pluralistic Rossian approach that we propose was well accepted by the audience, and especially interesting was the follow-up discussion with McNaughton and Rawling (by the way, I also chaired their paper where Alastair Norcross was a commentator). It was a pleasure to visit Boulder again, where this time I even tried out some mountain hike.
   Pictures show Matjaz in Boulder at the University Hill, discussing with Hille and Rawling after his paper presentation, and strolling through Boulder farms market.

No comments: